Printer friendly version
Type of submission: Workshop
Conference track: Advocacy
Topics: Community Mobilisation and Organising; Funding and Donors for Harm Reduction
Presenting author: Olga Szubert
In 2015 HRI launched 10 by 20, a global campaign to redirect 10% of resources currently spent drug control to harm reduction by 2020. International Harm Reduction Conference is a key opportunity to increase understanding of and support for the campaign among civil society allies from across the world and especially Northern America.
• Increase capacity and commitment to advancing the 10 by 20 campaign among national and global advocates.
• Establish regional networks of the 10 by 20 campaign advocates in order to share best practice and knowledge.
• Establish a global network of the 10 by 20 advocacy champions that work together to secure strong commitments to scale up and fund harm reduction at international (CND meetings, UNAIDS PCBs and in the 2019 Political Declaration on Drugs) and national level.
• Visual presentation of 10 by 20 campaign strategy and timeline
• Group work: Where does 10 by 20 fit in our national, regional and global advocacy contexts? Who are the key targets? What strategies would influence them most effectively?
• Feedback from groups and plenary discussion: How can we strengthen 10 by 20 as a global campaign, particularly in the build-up to the 2019 new Political Declaration? What support do partner organisations need? How can they work together?
• Improve understanding of campaign asks and objectives
• Explore ways to advance 10 by 20 in their national, regional or global advocacy contexts, leaving with a clear sense of targets, strategies and where to get further support
• Recruit new partners to the campaign and increase commitment among existing partners
• Better understand partners’ support needs