Harm Reduction International (HRI) is seeking a communications volunteer to support the organisation’s strategic communications including the use of social media to destigmatise people who use drugs and raise awareness about harm reduction.
HRI is a leading NGO dedicated to reducing the negative health, social and legal impacts of drug use and drug policy. We promote the rights of people who use drugs and their communities through research and advocacy to help achieve a world where drug policies and laws contribute to healthier, safer societies.
The organisation is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Duration: 1-2 days a week for 6 weeks
• Provide remote support to HRI’s Communications officer
• Create graphics for social media
• Carry out an audit of HRI’s YouTube channel
• Assist with HRI’s social media management
• Applicants should have a strong interest in effective communications, graphics and visuals; and may be a student, currently enrolled at a university/online courses, studying journalism, political science, communications, or another relevant field with an interest in working at the intersection of research/policy and communications.
• Applicants should be well-organised, self-motivated, reliable, sensible, and quick-thinking with strong analytical skills.
• Applicants should have a strong commitment to anti-racism in policy and practice
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 31 July 2021 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)