* Please refer to the full report below for ranges, where these are available. The maps and tables on this page display midpoint averages only.
The ‘Global State of Harm Reduction’ e-tool is an online resource containing up-to-date information on harm reduction policy and programming around the world. The web pages draw on the latest research in this area to present an at-a-glance guide to the current state of harm reduction worldwide:
• Which countries have harm reduction programmes operational?
• Which governments include harm reduction in their national policies?
• How many countries have drug consumption rooms?
• What do multilateral agencies say about harm reduction?
• Which NGOs are working in harm reduction in a particular region?
The following web pages present the answers to these questions and more through accessible tables and maps, providing links to further details, where available. This e-tool will be regularly updated in time for major harm reduction and drug policy events and expanded upon as new research is carried out.
The information contained here is separated into a Global Overview Section and regional sections for Asia, Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Western Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Oceania, North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean. All of the data is referenced and the maps and tables are in a printable format so that these can be re-used. Please credit Harm Reduction International if you do use any information from these web pages.
While every effort has been made to ensure that the most accurate and recent information is presented here, there may be new developments we have not heard about yet. If you would like to contribute some information, or have suggestions for improvements or additions, please write to globalstate[at]ihra[dot]net.